Yes, that’s right, Senior Care Corner® is for sale.
And, yes, this is a very difficult article to write.
We’ve spent ten years raising this child (it feels like part of our family), which makes Senior Care Corner a senior itself in Internet years.
We’ve realized it’s time to move on – – and for Senior Care Corner to do so as well.
It has been a very demanding labor of love, much like serving as a family caregiver to a loved one.
We want to see it grow beyond where we can take it.
The time has come to find out if someone else can take it to the next level, either because it compliments other business activities or as an independent revenue generator.
Senior Care Corner Background
Along our journey we’ve had conversations with many entrepreneurs who’ve developed products and services for seniors and family caregivers and learned most had a personal story motivating their efforts, typically a loved one with a need that was unmet or which could be better met.
The same is true with the founding of Senior Care Corner.
Information and resources for family caregivers were sparse when Kathy and I suddenly found ourselves providing care to senior loved ones a number of years ago.
We wanted so much to provide what our senior loved ones needed but found little to help us understand their needs, let alone how to meet them.
Our best is what we gave them, in hopes it was what they needed.
Our loved ones let us know our efforts and caring were appreciated, but still we wished there was somewhere to turn online for practical pointers. With an active family of our own and full time jobs, we needed a convenient and trustworthy information source but just couldn’t find one.
Once the need for our care passed (unfortunately so, as it was with the passing of our senior loved ones) we decided to provide an information source to which other family caregivers of older adults could turn, an effort we realized would also prepare us when other loved ones of our own would need care.
Thus our ten year journey that has been Senior Care Corner.
What Senior Care Corner Provides
Visitors to Senior Care Corner, of whom there have been hundreds of thousands over the years, find articles, podcasts (internet radio shows), and videos covering a broad range of topics and practical insights. These are some of popular topics.
- Understanding what seniors are experiencing as they age, to help caregivers relate to and comprehend their needs (walk a mile in their shoes, at least through the written word)
- Health issues of seniors, especially Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias as well as other diagnoses that primarily affect older adults
- Technology, both that available today and expected in the future, that can improve the quality of seniors’ lives and make the work of family caregivers more effective (maybe a bit less difficult and time-consuming, too); part of this focus has been our annual visit to CES and discussions with tech innovators
- Caring for the family caregiver, an area we found was almost totally overlooked until recently but essential to giving older loved ones the best care we can
- Interviews with a number of topic experts and solution developers who helped us pass along firsthand knowledge to our audience
Check us out to learn more. Many have told us they found the site search to be a valuable tool.
What ‘For Sale’ Means
Putting Senior Care Corner up for sale means just that, but there are also other opportunities we would consider for keeping this valuable resource available to family caregivers.
Yes, we will entertain offers from parties who wish to purchase the name (Senior Care Corner and our logo are both trademarked in the US), and our website, including all content. Many have told us they found our articles, audio recordings, and video valuable to them in their roles as family caregivers.
We would also consider business proposals for sponsorship of Senior Care Corner. Offers would be considered only from brands or entities with products/services and reputations consistent with direction of the site and the needs of our audience.
For more information or if you are considering a proposal, please email us at Barry(at)SeniorCareCorner.com. Inquiries from principals only, please.