Time is the currency in shortest supply for many family caregivers of older adults.
Finding the answer to “what do I do when…” is often a challenge as well.
Helping solve both of those challenges for family caregivers is a big part of what drove us to create Senior Care Corner® — and what motivates us to put in all the work to keep it going.
Being an even bigger part of the solution has driven us to develop The Shop at Senior Care Corner®, to help caregivers and other family members of seniors answer even more questions, including:
- What can I read to get more in depth information about caring for my senior loved one?
- How do I help modify their home to enable them to achieve their goal of aging in place successfully?
- What can I do to better care for my own needs while I am caring for my senior loved one and the rest of my family?
- How do I show appreciation for the family members and professional helpers caring for my senior loved ones and what I can give them to make their work a little easier?
The Shop at Senior Care Corner
Knowing how tough family caregivers can find it to shop, we are intentionally keeping the selection at The Shop at Senior Care Corner to a manageable level, helping you avoid the time and confusion associated with going through the thousands (or millions) of items found at many retailers.
We also know security and privacy are huge concerns and designed the Store so you actually make your purchases, arrange for shipping, and have the protection of return policies at major retailers — Amazon.com in most cases. We never see your personal info, payment method, or what you bought.
The Shop at Senior Care Corner is initially “stocked” based on our own experiences and what we hear from other family caregivers.
Our departments include:
- Books for Caregivers — Selection of books to help inform caregivers, providing information regarding what senior loved ones are experiencing and guidance in meeting their needs
- Technology — Devices and solutions covering a variety of areas and needs for seniors and their family caregivers
- Home Safety — Solutions caregivers can use to help make the homes of senior loved ones safer for successful aging in place
- Healthcare Devices — Home health devices to help make aging in place healthier for senior loved ones
- Caring for the Caregiver — Products to help family caregivers care for themselves while caring for their loved ones
- Home Adaptive Aids — Equipment and solutions to help make a house not quite designed for older adults a home for aging in place
- Smart Home Tech — Digital devices to help make aging in place more convenient (and maybe more fun) for senior loved ones
- Activities — Things seniors and family caregivers can do together
- Mobile Technology — Smartphones, tablets, and related accessories
- Computing — Home computing equipment and accessories such as printers, keyboards, monitors, and more
- Gifts for Caregivers — Ideas to help say “thank you” to family caregivers
A Work in Progress
The Shop at Senior Care Corner currently features items we have chosen, but we realize family caregivers – and the seniors for whom they care – have a wide variety of needs, beyond what we have in the Store now.
Please let us know how we can improve the Store to better meet your needs.
Should we add departments? We have some additions in mind but would like to hear what you have to say.
Are there products you would like to see us add to the current departments?
We look forward to your comments. In the meantime . . .