Technology to improve the lives of seniors and let them stay longer in the homes they choose safely and comfortably has long been an important coverage area for Senior Care Corner.
Staying up to date on technology and influencing those developing and marketing tech solutions led us to join the Consumer Electronics Association and participate in the annual Consumer Electronics Show.
This episode of the Senior Care Corner podcast previews the recently released program for the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show, focusing on the needs and interests of seniors and their families and caregivers. There is growing interest in the senior and boomer markets, with more companies either tailor technology for seniors or recognizing the applicability of their technologies to older adults.
CES Program Highlights
There are a number of areas of interest for seniors and their families at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show.
- Silvers Summit: Highlighting technologies for those of baby boomer age and older plus opportunities for technology companies to provide solutions for those groups.
- Digital Health Summit: Technology applications and solutions in healthcare.
- A number of sessions discussing digital home solutions for all ages, many of which will help make aging in place safely and comfortably an option later in life for many seniors.
- Many acres of technology exhibits, many focused on the needs of seniors and many others with technologies beneficial to all ages.
News Items in the Episode
- Report of a study that links advance directives with lower end of life healthcare costs for Medicare.
- News items reporting on health benefits associated with eating certain foods.
- A possible breakthrough that could “cure” gray hair.
Your Comments Sought
4 thoughts on “Technology for Families & Caregivers of Seniors: Preview of the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show”
LifeStation Medical Alert will be at CES. We hope to see your there!
Thank you for stopping by and saying hello, Matt. We will be sure to look for you at CES!
Can I deny that I’m getting older just a little bit longer, please?
THIS area is the area of the future and a great topic to write about and work within! Little did I know, BB? I thought you were a stand-up comic!?
Denial will get you nowhere in this case Bruce! I appreciate you coming by, taking a look and leaving your thoughts. By the way, did you hear the one about …
Comments are closed.